Google has recently launched Google Analytics Shortcuts
Shortcuts have been designed to speed up the process of analysing different sets of data and to make our lives a lot easier.
How To Create a Google Analytics Shortcut?
- Navigate to a report that you use regularly within Standard Reports or Custom Reports.
- Apply any segmentation using either an Advanced Segment, metric or dimensions.
- Once you have the dataset you are looking for, click on the Shortcut link above the report.
- Name your Shortcut to something logical so you know what the Shortcut will show in future.
- Click OK and this will save the Shortcut within the Home tab in Google Analytics and in the Admin area. From here you can then view or delete a Shortcut in the future.
- Only need to apply the segment once and when you save the filter, Google will remember your settings. (Click on your pre-set Shortcut and the data you want to see will be displayed)
- Any Standard or Custom Report can be shortcut-ted
- Any report with an Advanced Segment or metric can be added to your Shortcuts list.
- You are not able to save them for any of the reports that appear beneath the Home tab = No Real-Time reports or Intelligence Events reports
- Shortcuts only be visible to the user that created it (use the Email feature which sits at the top of the report to share)